VacanciesPlease see all current vacancies below. If you have any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download the WCL Shell Affiliated School Vacancies information document.
We are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher for Mid-August 2018.
Sakhalin International School is a friendly and caring international learning community for 3-13-year old students in which everyone is valued and included. Students are happy to come to school, are well motivated learners and treat each other thoughtfully and with respect. The school has approximately 150 students on roll with over 30 nationalities.
Sakhalin International School is a Primary and Middle school, implementing the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) and the National Curriculum for England for English and Mathematics.
In 2016, Sakhalin International School was award IPC accreditation at Mastering Level making it the first school world-wide to achieve this recognition. The school’s practices have been the focus of recent international conferences and shared with other schools.
To continue to improve learning, SIS seeks a reflective, adaptable and resilient Head Teacher to develop thinking, relevance and collaboration in its learning environment to find links to bigger and better learning, and support its learners as accountable global citizens.
As Head Teacher, you will:
• Be an effective school leader
• Play a leading role in demonstrating the excellence of our school to stakeholders and within the local and wider community
• Drive and maintain accreditation at Mastering Level in the IPC
• Support the delivery of high standards in all aspects of the school
• Play a key role in leading school development by recognising and developing excellent teaching and learning
• Be expected to work with the local community and develop sustainable projects
You need to have:
• A Post-Graduate Degree in Education or Leadership
• Qualified teacher status with significant and relevant experience in educational leadership and management
• High order management and administrative skills
• Already be a senior leader and have significant experience in an international setting
• A demonstrable professional interest in recent educational developments and initiatives
• Strong communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work within an international context
• An ability to work in a location that is a close-knit community
• A proven record in leading HSSE and how this is applied in a school context
The successful applicant will be offered a two-year contract in the first instance and there may be an option, by mutual agreement, to extend on an annual contract basis. You will be remunerated with a competitive salary and the opportunity to take on new professional challenges with the support of a large multi-national company.
The offer also includes:
• Additional annual performance bonus
• Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
• Comprehensive international private medical cover
• Free Primary / Middle Years education and subsidised Secondary education for dependent children (where applicable)
• Relocation assistance
For further details about the school please visit: www.sakhalinschool.net
Details about the Shell Affiliated Group of Schools and further information about Sakhalin International School can be found on the TES ‘School’s Group’ pages via the following link:
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form below this advert:
• ‘Head Teacher at Sakhalin International School.’
Completed applications should be submitted with a Personal Statement and a current C.V. to:
The closing date for applications is Friday 27 October 2017 at 12.00 noon (UK time).
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
An offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
Contact Name: Deborah Pamment