VacanciesPlease see all current vacancies below. If you have any queries, please email us at Shellrecruit@fieldworkeducation.com or download the WCL Shell Affiliated School Vacancies information document.
PDO School, Muscat, Oman
To support the school in an exciting phase of development, we are seeking inspirational and ambitious teachers keen to shape the future of the school and able to deliver high quality education.
PDO School is seeking to appoint an outstanding full-time Middle Years teacher, or an outstanding Upper Primary teacher, with a real passion for teaching and learning and excellent progress outcomes to teach a newly formed class for students aged 11-12 years.
The new class will open in September 2019. It is expected that the successful candidate will be in role by May 2019 (or earlier if possible) to develop the curriculum and support students during the transition from Primary to Middle Years.
PDO School has a reputation for high quality educational provision and is rated as one of the top international schools in Oman. At Primary level, the school follows the National Curriculum for England, for English and Mathematics, and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for all other subjects. In the Middle Years, the school will follow Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum for England in respect of English, Mathematics and Science, and a thematic approach to other subjects.
PDO has a strong teaching pool of specialist teachers for Music, Computing, Art, P.E., and Swimming. Resources are plentiful, and our children achieve highly.
Interested applicants will need:
- A B.Ed. (Hons) or BA with QTS degree, or post-graduate qualification in education
- Experience of teaching 10-12-year old children
- Experience of teaching in more than one area, specifically: English/Humanities/MFL or Mathematics / Science
- A passion for learning, with experience of current best-practice and a commitment to delivering high quality education
- An ability to work in a location that is part of a close-knit international community
- An understanding of the needs of a company school
- Energy, flexibility and humour
- A competitive tax-free salary
- Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
- Comprehensive international medical cover,
- Relocation assistance
- Free or subsidised education for dependent children.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive company school, you will be remunerated with a competitive package, including:
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To find out more about PDO School, please visit:
To apply, please read the supporting documents accompanying this advertisement and complete the application form marked ‘Application Form PDO School Middle Years Teacher’
Completed applications should be returned with a current CV and Personal Statement to:
Closing date: 19th of November 2018, at 12 00 UK time
We encourage early applications as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Contact Name: Cheryl Fox