Applying to the ‘Shell Pool’
In September of each year fully-qualified teachers are invited to apply to join the Shell Pool of teachers. Full details of how to apply are placed on this web-page and in the Times Educational Supplement (TES).
Information for candidates about each of the schools can be found by clicking the Shell/Shell Schools tab on the left-hand side of this web-page. Further details of the Shell Affiliated group of schools can be found on the TES School Group page: TES: Shell and Shell Affiliated School Group Page
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to a preliminary telephone interview; candidates who are successful in these interviews are offered a place in the Shell Pool. Depending on vacant positions and location specific requirements candidates in the Shell Pool may be invited to attend a final assessment led by head teachers. Final assessments are offered on either a face-to-face or virtual basis and most vacancies are for the following academic year.
Candidates who are not shortlisted remain in the Shell Pool and may be considered for further positions that arise during the year.
All senior leadership vacancies and some specialist positions are advertised separately.
Requirements for applicants:
Professional qualifications and experience:
- Certified teaching status through a recognised qualification such as a degree in Education, PGCE or equivalent
- Proven work experience in education
- Proven experience of teaching an English language based curriculum and preferably, but not essential, experience of teaching an international curriculum at primary level
- Proven experience and a deep knowledge of current best-practice in the field of teaching and learning and classroom management
Professional knowledge, skills and understanding:
- An ability to demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding of professional practice that relates to diverse and international contexts
- An ability to demonstrate an international mindset and work in a positive and collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to work within a team
To register your interest in the next round of Shell Pool recruitment please email: email@example.com